We have formulated a low VOC Oil Acrylic Fire Retardant Stain. Available in a vast range of transparent colours, it is easily applied to raw timbers.
When maintenance of the timber is required each additional coat is providing more protection. This product works in several ways including the promotion of char formation and to control ignition and flame spread across a wooden surface and to lower the rate of heat and smoke release from the wood based substrate.
Tested to AS/NZS 1530.3 – 1999
Test #: 7-567054-CV
Spread of Flame Index 4
Heat Evolved Index 5
Smoke Developed Index 2
Not all timbers need a fire retardant applied to them. This is a list of the timber species that comply with AS3959 - 2009 standards.
- Blackbutt (Eucalyptus pilularis)
- Red Ironbark (E. sideroxylon)
- River Red Gum (E. camaldulensis)
- Silvertop Ash (E. sieberi)
- Spotted Gum (Corymbia maculata)
- Large-Leaved Spotted Gum (C. henryi)
- Lemon Scented Gum (C. citriodora)
- Merbau (Intsia bijuga)
- Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera)